Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Featured Designer: Julie Kathrotia


Have you ever drunk shopped? It's so dangerous but also one of my favorite past times. Julie Kathrotia has a boutique where you can have a cocktail while you shop. It's a boutique bar. It's amazing. It's Dapper House. She was kind enough to let Dance4Liberation take over her shop for our model call and it was fabulous! Many empty Bloody Mary glasses later, D4L left Raleigh with a ton of sexy models and a new favorite clothing store not to mention an adorable new friend.

For La Vie: A Fashion show, Julie is showing her clothing line, Julkee. It is an edgy, but elegant, corset line. Oh-la-la! Her inspiration is rooted in many things. She says, "I wouldn't say I have obe single inspiration. I am inspired by so many things, other designers, color and texture, and the womans body shape and curve. If I had to name a few designers I admire it would be Alexander Mcqueen, Lanvin, Chanel, Balmain and Versace."
Her passion for clothes comes from her passion for art as a child. She has always enjoyed painting and art that love for art transformed into a designing talent. She stuck with it and keeps the motivation to continue to make the beautiful Julkee fashions because she says, "there is no better feeling than seeing a woman walk by in my designs and feeling sexy from head to toe. That is what makes all the hard work worth it."

The corset inspired line she will be showing at La Vie was natural for her. She says, "I decided to use this as my base for each design because lets face it who doesn't want a small waist and larger bust?" So right on.

I asked her what celebrity she would want to see walking down the streets of Hollywood with a Julkee design on. She is clever. Rachel Zoe was her answer that way everyone would be in her clothes. Smart Girl.


SEE YOU ALL AT LA:VIE!
Much loveee, D4L, Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment